We, as a therapeutic team, are a group of clinical psychologists with a Masters Degree from the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, a prestigious university in Colombia. The members of our team have received the Medal of Academic Excellence at the Javeriana University on their undergraduate studies as well as on their Masters Degree.
Our team has developed the following scientific research related to sexual and gender diversity:
- The study entitled “Psychological traits and needs of gender diversities: theoretical and methodological challenges in clinical intervention” was developed in 2012-2013 in co-authorship with Ángela Hernández Córdoba, Ph.D.
- The study entitled “Understanding the relational dynamics of same-sex couples through systemic clinical intervention” was developed in 2010-2011 and was directed by Ángela Hernández Córdoba, Ph.D.
- The study entitled “Understanding the relationship dynamics of a lesbian couple during the conception of their daughter with alternative insemination” was developed in 2007- 2008 and was directed by María Lucía Rapacci, Mg.
Moreover, our therapeutic team has held conferences at the following events:
- Conference entitled “Understanding same-sex couple dynamics through systemic clinical intervention”, held at the International Conference LGBT LGBT Psychology and related fields: Coming out for LGBT psychology in the current international scenario in Lisbon (Portugal) on the 21st of June, 2013.
- Workshops on resilience, crisis management, faithfulness, depression and mourning, developed for San Sebastian Community and carried out on March 5th, 2014, May 7th, 2014, September 3rd, 2014 and November 5th, 2014.
- Participation on the expert panel “Sexual diversity and inclusive work environments”, organized by the Ministry of Transportation on September 26th, 2014.
- Conference entitled “Same-sex couples: a clinical psychology perspective”, held on July 16th, 2014 at the annual forum on Myths and truths about sexual diversity, which was organized by the student group Mano Púrpura.
- Workshop “Crisis as an opportunity for change” developed for the staff of Radio Diversia Foundation on the 23rd of June, 2009.
- Conference entitled “Current psychological perspectives on sexual and gender diversities”, held on June 13th, 2014 at the annual forum on Myths and truths about sexual diversity, which was organized by the student group Mano Púrpura
- Conference entitled “Sexual diversity and family: a psychological perspective”, held on May 6th, 2014 at the forum organized by the student group of Javeriana University.
- Conference entitled “Diverse sexual orientations and gender identities during childhood and adolescence”, held at the forum on Sexuality and Identity, which was organized by the District Planning Secretariat on April 25th, 2013.
- "Matoneo a personas sexualmente diversas en instituciones educativas" en el Foro "Día contra el matoneo" del grupo Rosarista de Interés en la Identidad sexual, el 10 de abril de 2013.
- Participation on the expert panel “Sexual diversity and inclusive work environments”, organized by the District Planning Secretariat on October 24th, 2012.
- "Sexualidad, género y violencias: intimidades públicas" realizada para los estudiantes de bachillerato del colegio Los Pinos, el 8 de agosto de 2012.
- Conference entitled “Just in love and in a fight”, held on the 22nd of September 2010 at a Femm Corporation meeting.
- Conference entitled “Lesbian and bisexual women: health issues in Colombia”, held at the District Health Department conference on April 11, 2010.
- Conference entitled “Challenges of homosexual families”, held at the Women and Gender Seminar of the LGBT Community Center in Bogotá, on the 20th of March 2009.
- Conference entitled “Love means loving day by day: keys to enhance your couple relation”, held at a Femm Corporation meeting on the 15th of September 2008.
- "Transexualidad e identidades de género diversas: una perspectiva ecosistémica" en la clase magistral del Seminario Derecho LGBT de la Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, el 26 de febrero de 2015.
- Conference entitled “Identity construction in LGBT individuals”, held at the student group meeting of Los Andes University on March 11th, 2014.
- Conference entitled “The DSM and sexual diversities”, held at the trans coalition meeting on August 31st, 2014.
- "Despatologizar el cuerpo y la psicoterapia para el agenciamiento subjetivo" en el Charlatorio del Seminario de Derecho Elegebeté "i" de la Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, el 25 de abril de 2013.
- Participation in the design of the “1. Forum on perspectives for the care and health of transexuals”, which was organized by CIVIS and the trans grassroot group Entre-tránsitos and took place on November 23rd and 24th, 2012.
- Conference cycle “Diverse Gender identity in the school environment” for teachers of the Unidad Pedagógica School (2. Semester 2010).
- Conference cycle “Gender identity and diversity in the classroom” for teachers of one of the ICBF kindergarten in Bogotá (October and November, 2009).
- Conference entitled “Same-sex couple dynamics and psychological traits of gender diversities”, held on March 30th, 2012, December 20th, 2012, May 3rd, 2013, October 10th, 2013 and October 7th, 2014 at the Masters Class in Clinical Psychology of the Santo Tomás University.
- Conference entitled “Communication, social intervention and queer theory”, held on October 10th, 2013 and on September 12th, 2014 at the Masters Class in Communication of the Javeriana University.
- Conference entitled “4 key factors for strategic dialogue” held at the staff meeting of Radio Diversia Foundation on the 21rd of June, 2014.
- Conference entitled “Stop trans pathologization: psychotherapy for personal agency”, held on April 25th, 2013 at the LGBT legal rights Seminar of the Javeriana University.
- Conference entitled “Paraphilias”, held at the student group meeting of the District University on June 29th, 2012.
- Conference entitled “Intevention in same-sex couples”, held on September 20th, 2011 at the Psychological Assessment Center of the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana during the seminar “Psychotherapy and systemic intervention with couples” led by Ph.D. Ángela Hernández Córdoba.
- Workshop “New year, new life: life project and communication” for employees of Art TV Productions (December 19, 2010).
- Conference entitled “Thinking about the present: psychology, critique and globalization”, held at the V Psychology Congress in the Javeriana University on the 4th of April 2008.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call us:
311 257 97 43